Nordic Educational Meeting on CLL, Stockholm, 19-20 April 2018
13.02.: The meeting is fully booked but please, sign up anyway. We have set up a waiting list. There will probably be some cancellations.
Deadline for signing up: February 15th
Theme: ‘What every Hematologist Should Know about CLL in 2018”
We hereby invite you to this meeting which will include keynote talks and sessions on clinical and translational issues concerning novel treatment regimens and updated data on efficacy and safety:
- Paolo Ghia: CLL: a complex disease
- Carsten Niemann & Anders Österborg: State of the art in treatment of CLL
- Susan O’Brien: New drugs in the pipeline
- Jennifer Brown: Incorporation of microenvironmental findings into design of new clinical trials
- Elias Campo: The genomic landscape of CLL – have we got lost?
- Jennifer Woyach: Mutations and resistance to small therapeutic molecules; a growing clinical problem
- Davide Rossi & Richard Rosenquist: How to identify high-risk patients?
- CI Edvard Smith: The history of Bruton’s Tyrosine Kinase
- Peter Hillmen: How to treat high-risk patients
- Michael Hallek: Future directions
We encourage submission of abstracts (250 words max) for oral or poster presentation during the meeting. All kinds of CLL research, including but not limited to basic/clinical/translational/registry-based projects in progress are invited for presentation. Abstract deadline March 1st 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, diagnostic work up, 2nd line treatment, the elderly frail patient with CLL etc. will be addressed in smaller groups through breakout sessions and workshops: 1. Translation from lab into clinic; 2. Use of registries; 3. Clinical trial design/suggestion. Furthermore selected Nordic CLL research projects in progress will be presented by (young) researchers.
Time: 19 April 09.30-19.30 followed by dinner & 20 April 09.00-15.30
Venue: Clarion Sign, central Stockholm, 5 mins from Arlanda Express.
The participation is free of charge, and travel costs on economy level and hotel may be reimbursed. (NB see below!)
Please, sign up by sending the attached registration form to: email@example.com
Deadline for registration: Thursday 15th February 2018.
There are a limited number of seats and registration is on a first-come-first-served basis.
See attached final program and invitation with all details.
On behalf of the Nordic CLL Study Group:
Vesa Lindström, Helsinki University Hospital, Finland
Anders Österborg, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Richard Rosenquist, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Hoa Tran, Akershus universitetssykehus, Norway
Ilse Christiansen, Aalborg Universitetshospital, Denmark
Carsten Utoft Niemann, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
OBS! Because of different rules for reimbursement of costs between the Nordic countries you must choose the form(s) that applies to your own country.
DENMARK, FINLAND, ICELAND, BALTICS:
NORWAY AND SWEDEN